Healing from Back Injuries with Food
Rehabilitation therapy can help recover from back injuries and medical procedures. However, your food intake can play a big role to recovery as well. By handing the available tools to your body in the form of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, you can help decrease your recovery time.
1. Berries – Berries contain high amounts of anti-oxidants which decrease the chances of inflammations. This can help reduce the pain caused by inflammations of the treated area which can cause a painful stiffness that reduces your mobility.
2. Proteins – Nearly every meat can fall into the category of eating proteins. While you may want lean or grass-fed beef, proteins can help provide energy to push through rehabilitation sessions. Depriving your body of proteins could reduce energy levels and muscle mass.
3. Fish – Not only is fish high in Omega 3 fatty acids, but fish oil can also contribute to an anti-inflammatory diet. High in proteins and fat burning capabilities, fish can help keep you healthy while your exercises are limited due to your injury or medical procedure. Now is not the time to turn that spare tire into an 18-wheeler.
4. Green Tea – Green tea has compounds within it that act as anti-oxidants. The more of these you get, the better your body can keep from stiffening or swelling up preventing some of the most mundane of daily tasks.
5. Vitamin C – Foods rich in vitamin C can help prevent infection or sickness from invasive surgery. This can come in the form of oranges, but raw spinach can provide a great deal more of the vitamins and minerals your body needs as a whole. Spinach can be used as a wonder salad as the leaves replace lettuce.
6. Water – Water is more than just a necessity of life. It is a method to keep our bodies functioning at peak performance. Although coffee consists of water, it doesn’t have the same effect as it does pure. Mineral water can provide a great deal of the health benefits you will need to induce a quicker recovery. Keep yourself saturated and you will be on your feet in no time.
It’s all about eating healthy in order to recover from injury or even prevent them in the first place. Your diet can make a world of difference in your daily routine and can help keep you healthier and more alert to your surroundings. Assist yourself by eating healthier and see your doctor less.
Jack Meyers is a regular contributor for www.nannybackgroundcheck.com. As a detective he wants to spread the knowledge of terrible things that can happen when people don’t fully verify the credentials of a caregiver or any employee. He also writes for various law enforcement blogs and sites.