What is Chiropractic Medicine?
Chiropractic is a health care discipline that emphasizes finding the source (s) of many common health and pain producing problems, using a “hands on” mechanically based approach to resolve or improve the condition (s) without the use of drugs or surgery. Though chiropractors are thought of as “back doctors” or “spine doctors”, at Charschan Chiropractic and Sports Injury Associates, we look at not just the spine, but the whole skeletal, myofascial and muscular systems to end the pain and help our patients feel better and enjoy a better quality of life both now and for years to come. Chiropractic spinal and extremity manipulation, myofascial manipulation, active evaluation and active treatment protocols have been proven to be safe, effective.
Our Approach to Health Care
We provide safe, effective spinal and non spinal (arms, legs, feet, wrists) corrections to help you achieve your fullest health. Chiropractic treatments may also include acupressure (no needles here—just massage-like pressure), Myofascial Release (trained in Active Release Techniques in 1994, Graston Technique – tool assisted muscular treatment) improves outcomes to help you recover faster than many conventional methods including exercise alone. Our unique active evaluation protocols allow for better diagnosis and treatment and make our practice unique in the chiropractic community. Our treat – test – treat methodology is safe, efficient, and has been proven to be a scientifically validated protocol helping us resolve many difficult to treat conditions that have not resolved with other treatment approaches.
Customized stretches and exercises
As a patient of Charschan Chiropractic and Sports Injuries Associates, you can expect to receive some training during your chiropractic appointment to help you manage your pain and maintain your health at home. This usually includes stretches and structured exercises that are designed to address your particular needs.
Myofascial Release, Active Release Techniques and Graston Technique
By hand or with the assistance of Graston Treatment or other instrument assisted soft tissue tools, we diagnose and restore normal function. The pain is gone as well as the chronic tightness. Many television stations have reported on how Graston Technique eliminated pain which prompted many inquiries from prospective patients like yourself.
Myofascial release, Graston Technique, and our active evaluation protocols add reliability to the diagnosis, treatment and overall cost effectiveness of neuromusculoskeletal injuries.
Benefits of Myofascial Release, Graston instrument assisted soft tissue technique and active evaluation protocols
- Shorter treatment times with improved outcomes, by evaluating and treating the whole patient
- Chronic lower back problems resolved or significantly improved.
- Chronic sciatic cases: We often can resolve long term cases more quickly.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Resolved in an average of 6-10 visits.
- TMJ: Restores normal jaw function in many patients with a high rate of predictability.
- Chronic neck stiffness: We can often eliminate lingering pain that other treatments can’t resolve.
- Common running complaints such as shin splints, knee pain, kneecap tracking problems can be eliminated and get you back in your sport.
- Many chronic pain syndromes are significantly relieved or resolved (myofascial pain syndrome, fibromyalgia).
- Chronic headaches are often improved or resolved.
- Shoulder pain or adhesive capsulitis is effectively treated.
- Improved function of the hip joints which improves knee health. Many patients with knee pain actually have hip pathology as the source.